December 30, 2012

"Coffee with Destiny": My entry for the Get Published Contest

The Idea :
The story is about a chance encounter with my ex-girlfriend when I was having a cup of coffee at a restaurant with my wife. I was having a splendid evening at my favourite coffee shop with my wife when my ex-girlfriend, along with her family comes to the coffee shop and occupies the adjacent table.  Memories gush on to my head, but I maintain my composure. I manage to stay calm and after sometime she leaves with her family. We shared some glances, but never talked to each other and my wife never knew what was going on. The story treads through those delicate moments and emotions between three souls and how the whole situation passes off  visibly unnoticed.

What makes this story real? :
This story  is certainly a  page in everyone's life. It wouldn't be difficult for anyone to relate to this story and they would find it quite theirs'.

Extract :

My obsession with coffee at “Dine” is well known among the staff in the restaurant, but is an obnoxious fact for my better half. I still cant figure out, her irrevocable deterrence of coffee, but more surprisingly my unjustifiable but determined effort to give her a piece of my obsession. Through the seemingly non existent large glass pane, the diminishing rays from the sun seemed to uncover the tint of tacit dissatisfaction on her face which she was trying to hide. Even though she dislikes coffee as much as my obsession for it, she prefers to gulp it without hesitation . One reason could be the fact that we have been together for just over 6 months now. A feud over coffee is presumably too early in what is planned to be a long career together.

Endnote: This is my entry for the HarperCollins–IndiBlogger Get Published contest, which is run with inputs from Yashodhara Lal and HarperCollins India.

5 comments:

Amruta Marwah said...

Love the title! Some more build would have done the trick, though!

Unknown said...

@ Amruta thx for d comment Amrutha. probably what I missed out in excerpt, I hope to make it up in the story :)

Nirvaan Baid said...

With Coffee involved, the post had too be awesome, and after reading the extract I am all the more anxious to read the full excerpt!
Looking forward to get your views on my idea:)
http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/idea/302/

Anonymous said...

I got this site from my friend who informed me on the topic
of this web site and now this time I am browsing this web site and
reading very informative content at this time.

my website how to get your ex girlfriend back

Anonymous said...

Hi there, yeah this piece of writing is in fact
nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
thanks.

my blog ... how to get your ex back