August 1, 2008

The foreseen part-1

"
"Dad, I had a dream yesterday"
"What was it?"
"Hmmm, I don't exactly remember, but I am sure, it wasn't a good one"
"Leave it man, its just a dream, walk peacefully"
" Yeah its a dream, but.. hmmm"
"Now what???"


"Dad, don't you feel we have spoken these"
"spoken what??"
"Spoken these same words, the exact situation, we have had this before"
"What do you mean son?, I don't get you".
A folded paper drops out of my hand and onto the road, Dad walks on to the road to pick it.
"Dad ,don't.. don't..., watch out..., there's a car, daaaaaaddd"
Car screeching, a loud cry and a thud! sound.
"

"Hoo, what a damn damn dream".
I pulled off my blanket, my clock read 8.10. I was late by 1 hour and 10 minutes.
"How are you feeling now", dad was ready with his walking shoes on ready for the walk.
"I am fine, I wanna come with you."I washed the face,took my brush to clean up my teeth.
"You just had a fever , please take rest, we will go tomorrow",Dad pretended as if he didn't want me to come. He doesn't like to move alone, especially without me.
I thought I would brush later; I put on my track suit and shoes.
"Its ok dad, it was a small fever, C'mon , lets move".
"Hmm ok, hold this George, It has to be given to Mr Thomas, we shall go to his home on the way back", he handed over a folded paper to me.
We started walking. I have always loved the morning walks with dad, its when we find time to talk on various issues, whether its the oil crisis or the family matters.He is a good listener. He accepts my point of view, but only after a tough debate. Maybe he accepts my arguments because it was convincing..or maybe he was just encouraging me to think for myself and to have my own views. Whatever be the case I thoroughly enjoy these talks.It has fascinated me at times, that we keep same pace even though I have just crossed teens while he is above 50. But today ,we preferred silence, we had nothing to talk on. I thought I would break the silence.
"Dad, I had a dream yesterday"
"What was it?"
I didn't want to tell him what my dream was.
"Hmmm, I don't exactly remember, but I am sure, it wasn't a good one"
"Leave it man, its just a dream, walk peacefully"
" Yeah its a dream, but.. hmmm"
"Now what???"
"Dad, don't you feel we have spoken these"
"spoken what??"
"Spoken these same words, the exact situation, we have had this before"...
I was standing shocked and didn't listen to what dad was talking to me at that moment. The paper flew off my hand and onto the road; I just gathered the sense and I could see my father on his way to pick the paper. A car was speeding at him, I kept yelling, but the car hit my dad and he was thrown off.

"He is out of the critical condition, we have kept him under observation, its likely we can shift him to the room within 48 hours", the doctor was addressing me, I was just looking at him.
"Are you listening", he enquired.
"Yes doctor, we will.. we will do as you say", I replied. I came out of his consulting room. I had some anxious faces waiting outside, my mom, my sis and my uncle and aunt.
"He is ok , doctor says he will be fine soon".
"What else did he say", Mom wasn't convinced. Her eyes weren't dry for past 2 days.She had become weak.
"He is ok mom, now you please go and take some rest", mom went along with the others to the room . I preferred sitting outside the emergency unit.
I kept asking myself, I have asked this question many a time in last 48 hours,
"Had I really foreseen this accident".

To continue reading click here...

5 comments:

cheth said...

woow nice one.. sometimes even i think " this same incident has taken place.. ?? " nice start. ..go on... U are a very good story teller. .. :)

keep blogging in mine and send ur valuable comments too. .

anyways check out my blog intro
http://chethstudios.blogspot.com/2008/08/intro-to-cheth-studios.html

sreeja said...

hey da gud one...waiting for the next part.. make it fast

sreelaja said...

heyya...its really gud..sometimes i also hav this feeling that..ya this happened to me b4...why is that so????..any ways...'twas relly gud...go on....

Arun said...

Deja Vu!!!

I am feel it already happened, because it is going to happen as it is happening now as it already happened.

Brilliant narration!!!

Meera.G said...

I too have experienced such a similar situation..good narration.