December 5, 2007

Interview experience -The Satyam mission

The title would give you an idea about the company of which I wanted to be part of,it was Satyam Computers, one of the IT giants in India.This time it was more than just a recruitment test for me,but I had infact put many things on stake.It was never an easy decision for me since I would have to attend my lab exams the very next day after I come back after the test,also none of my classmates were making it for the drive.May be for the first time it seemed some sort of a real challenge for me and I was damn damn determined that I SHOULD DO IT THIS TIME.With the lessons from the past experience,I attended the test.Only 15 questions, but they were real nerve teaser with negative marks.To be frank ,I didnt care for negative marks and attended 11 questions.I even marked those answers which I was partially sure of.Somehow i cleared the test.Then it was the GD round.Till that moment I had only heard about GD and not even know how its to be attended,but I had to get through.Luckily I met a guy who was also attending the GD(he was already placed in Wipro).He gave me the tips and luckily for me,he was in the same group as mine.With his help,I got through the GD round and my interview was fixed for the next day.This was the real test of my character.I had to prove that I had learned from my mistakes.Believe me,that was the day for the first time in my life,I worked really hard.Till 1 am in the morning I kept going through my datastructure textbook.This time i didnt want to give myself a chance ,so was trying with every bit of myself to understand the concepts.I dont know when I slept,but I got up at 5 am.I was then thinking about what should I answer if I was asked about my strength and weakness.I just thought a lot about it and found the answer.Then the time just ran off.My interview schedule was supposed to be at 9am ,but finally it started around 1pm.I got into the room,the interviewer greeted with me a smile.He was just so cool and try to make me feel comfortable and I acted as if I really was.He asked me to introduce myself,then asked about my schooling and favourite subject.The most important point was when he asked me "how do you assess your strength and weakness".I started of normally in a standard format (I am confident smart etc etc).Then I told him "This interview itself is a test of my character .It was a tough decision for me to make to attend this interview with all odds and troubles.If I get through the interview ofcourse I would be applauded,but if I fail,I would be blamed for my irresponsible move to come and attend the test.But as far as I am concerned,I dont regret on my decision because I never want to sob on a missed out chance."I think he was really pleased with that reply and he said "that was a comprehensive reply well done".The interview was over and I shook hands with him and came out.After about an hour,the result came and I heard my name called out.It was a dream come true and feeling of elation that words can never express.Atleast I was happy for I made my dad proud,a mission accomplished and a big boost for my morale.It remains as one of the most cherished moments for me and will hopefully remain so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heyy varun..it was nice to read your satyam interview experience.....
u mst be knwin dat mae too a satyamite,,,me too had tuff time wen i was plannin to attend satyam test.......cos me was on lng trip of placemnts....hehehe....from syntel interview to infy test.....den satyam..horrible it was.....den still y to miss a chance...hehehe

cleard test...cleard g.d....den interview....me being ece din hve tuff time out der dude......
bt the reply u gve abt ur character really impressed me dude....any1 wud hve selected fr dat wonderful reply
u r realy to be applauded dude....u hve gud will power...wich will end up u @ a successfull career nd future...ma best wishes r always with u...hope we will wrk fr same firm....hehehe..lollzzzzz

Unknown said...

Thanks buddy ,ya hope we will be co satyamites.

Prashob M.P said...

da nice to read ur experience..i too have some gr8 exp abt satyam but not this much..
great da..have to salute u for the work u have put in to get there.....i didnt appear for the that same test coz of our lab exam...but u went and conquered..hats off da..and also i liked the ans which u gave for the strength and weakness... question ..even microsoft wud have taken yo hearin dat...kudose..
..hope we ll work together for the welfare of our company "SATYAM"

Unknown said...

ya we will buddy

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thanks for this great learn!! I positively having fun with every little little bit of it I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you put up